kiante-enis
Randolph County (Ind.) Jail

Details emerge in dismissed Indiana WR’s child molestation charges

One day after an Indiana football player’s dismissal, some of the details of what led to his arrest and charges have emerged.

Thursday, Kiante Harris was arrested on two counts of molesting a child 13 years of age or younger.  Not only that, but, according to police, Enis admitted to investigators that he had what he described as a “consensual sexual encounter” with the alleged victim on at least two occasions.

According to HoosierSportsReport.com, Enis originally didn’t know the alleged victim was 13 years old at the time of their first sexual encounter — the 19-year-old Enis thought she was 16 — but continued the sexual relationship even after learning her true age.  According to an affidavit, Enis admitted to having sex with the 13-year-old victim twice after being informed she wasn’t 16, resulting in the two molestation charges.

From the website’s report:

The sheriff’s department was first contacted about the relationship between Enis and the girl on Tuesday. Detectives interviewed the girl at her junior high school on Wednesday, informing her that she was not in any trouble and that they wanted to speak with her about the relationship with Enis.

The girl first told detectives that she and Enis had hung out once or twice, watched a movie and kissed, according to the affidavit. Detectives told the girl that they believed there was more to the story and, according to the affidavit, the girl became quiet and placed her head in her hands.

The affidavit says the girl then told detectives she believed that she and Enis had sex twice and that Enis told her not to tell anyone because “he would get into trouble.”

Shortly after the charges were publicized, the Hoosiers announced that Harris had been dismissed from the football program.

A three-star 2016 signee, Enis was rated as the No. 7 player at any position in the state of Indiana.  He hadn’t played in either of the Hoosiers’ first two games this season.

Former Baylor quarterback Jarrett Stidham could follow Bears OC to a new job

WACO, TX - OCTOBER 24: Jarrett Stidham #3 of the Baylor Bears runs against Darian Cotton #23 of the Iowa State Cyclones in the second half at McLane Stadium on October 24, 2015 in Waco, Texas. (Photo by Ron Jenkins/Getty Images)