Report: Female student arrested for punching Florida DL Antonneous Clayton in the head

At least in this instance, it’s a college football player on the receiving end of an alleged punch.

According to Florida’s student newspaper, The Alligator, 18-year-old Aisia Valmyr was arrested for punching Gator defensive lineman Antonneous Clayton in the head very early Sunday morning.  Valmyr was charged with misdemeanor battery.

From the paper’s report:

Clayton told police he was punched and felt pain on the right side of his temple, according to the report. Officers then found Valmyr and read her Miranda rights to her.

She told police she was in the Keys complex and had an argument with Clayton, according to the report.

No other details have been made available as to what led to the incident.

A four-star member of the Gators’ 2016 recruiting class, Clayton was rated as the No. 2 weakside defensive end in the country; the No. 4 player at any position in the state of Georgia; and the No. 26 player on 247Sports.com‘s composite board. He was the highest-rated prospect in UF’s class this past year.

As a true freshman, Clayton played in five games and was credited with three tackles. “Basically, for me, this season was like a wake-up call. I wasn’t ready to play as a freshman as much as I thought,” the lineman said after the end of the regular season.

Illinois boots three players charged with home invasion and robbery

Photo by Steven Branscombe/Getty Images