2015 Heisman Trophy finalist and Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson is the early favorite to win the 2016 Heisman Trophy according to Bovada. In the first batch of early Heisman Trophy odds released by the popular sports book, Clemson’s quarterback was labeled the favorite to win the hardware next fall following a wildly successful 2015 season and run to the national championship game. The valiant effort in the championship game put everyone on notice just how good Watson is. Of course, he was already a Heisman finalist, so he has the college football world’s attention already.
Stanford running back Christian McCaffrey, another 2015 finalist for the Heisman Trophy, was tied for the second-best odds to win the Heisman Trophy with LSU running back Leonard Fournette. Fournette had appeared to be the easy pick for the Heisman Trophy last season but his run to the trophy was steamrolled by Alabama, which allowed Derrick Henry to take the lead in the race.
Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield was given a 10/1 shot to win the Heisman Trophy, the same as Ohio State quarterback JT Barrett. Florida State running back Dalvin Cook was among a handful of players receiving 12/1 odds.
Odds to win the 2016 Heisman Trophy
- QB Deshaun Watson, Clemson (9/2)
- RB Leonard Fournette, LSU (5/1)
- RB Christian McCaffrey, Stanford (5/1)
- QB JT Barrett, Ohio State (10/1)
- QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma (10/1)
- RB Nick Chubb, Georgia (12/1)
- RB Dalvin Cook, Florida State (12/1)
- RB Royce Freeman, Oregon (12/1)
- QB Chad Kelly, Ole Miss (12/1)
- RB Samaje Perine, Oklahoma (12/1)
- WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama (16/1)
- QB Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee (16/1)
- QB Brad Kaaya, Miami (25/1)