Sneak Peek: 2013 Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl

WHO: 7-5 Ole Miss (SEC) vs. 7-5 Georgia Tech (ACC)

WHAT: Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl (15th Year)

WHERE: LP Field in Nashville, Tennessee

WHEN: Dec. 30 at 3:15 p.m. ET

WHY: One of the up-and-coming teams in the SEC gets a chance to end their season of progress on a high note. Ole Miss has thrived on some youthful energy this season to follow-up a stellar recruiting season and now has a chance to win the sixth straight bowl game for the program, although that is over a span of 12 years if they pull off a win against Georgia Tech.

Ole Miss will be looking to shrug aside a two-game losing streak to end the regular season, including a heartbreaker in the Egg Bowl against Mississippi State, when quarterback Bo Wallace had a sure-touchdown simply fall out of his hand on the way to the end zone. Wallace also threw three interceptions in that game, but that should not overshadow what has been a fine season for Wallace. This season Wallace passed for 3,090 yards and 17 touchdowns. Having targets like Donte Moncrief and Laquon Treadwell certainly helps.

On defense Ole Miss will be given the task of finding a way to avoid allowing Georgia Tech’s triple-option to run wild. This is easier said than done for most, but the Rebels have some players who can make some big plays. In addition to Class of 2013 stud Robert Nkemdiche, linebacker Mike Marry has a knack for knocking footballs loose and defensive back Cody Prewitt is one of the best in the SEC and intercepting passes. Of course, Georgia Tech will not be likely to take to the air too often. Paul Johnson’s coaching style will see running back David Sims lead the ground game and quarterback Vad Lee always willing to take off and run. Georgia Tech’s fourth-ranked rushing offense should have a solid day against the nation’s 55th ranked defense, but the Rebels may not wear down as easily as some of the Georgia Tech’s opponents this season.

PREDICTION: Ole Miss 32, Georgia Tech 23

For Chase Brice, USF would make for a familiar landing spot

Chase Brice