Based on the latest figures from the school, all that money is being put to use.
According to MLive.com, open records requests sent to MSU brought back the salaries for all 10 full-time members of Tucker’s 2020 staff. All are in the six-figures as expected though none top the million dollar mark that has become commonplace for some.
The base salaries are as follows:
- Offensive coordinator Jay Johnson: $975,000
- OL coach/run game coordinator Chris Kapilovic: $700,000
- TE coach Ted Gilmore: $500,000
- WR coach Courtney Hawkins: $387,000
- RB coach William Peagler: $200,000
- Defensive coordinator Scottie Hazelton: $950,000
- DL coach Ron Burton: $510,000
- Safeties coach Mike Tressel: $667,385
- DBs coach Harlon Barnet: $480,000
- Special teams coordinator Ross Els: $475,000
Add it all up and that’s just a tad over $5.8 million. Tucker was contractually allowed $6 million by Michigan State. When you factor in bonuses you should reach that amount at least.
It also results in over half (six) the staff topping the half million dollar mark for those following at home.
The Spartans were put in a tough spot with Mark Dantonio’s retirement. Thanks to a little cash, they’ll come out okay.