Kendall Moore

Notre Dame safety Eilar Hardy cleared by NCAA

2 Comments

Notre Dame received some good news regarding one of the handful of players previously suspended during an academic investigation. Safety Eilar Hardy has been cleared by the NCAA and is now eligible to participate on the field for the Fighting Irish.

Last week we learned Hardy was going to be allowed to return to practice in late October. Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly said in mid-October there was still some work to be done by Hardy before he can return to play a role on the football field, but allowing him to return to practices seemed like an optimistic direction to be heading with regard to his eligibility. Hardy is the only player out of the five suspended players to be eligible to play this season.

There is no word on whether or not Hardy will be back on the field for this weekend’s game at Arizona State. However, if he has been practicing with the team the last few weeks, one might assume he is ready to take the field now if needed. If he does play, it might be in a limited capacity at the most. He has not been added to the two-deep depth chart just yet.

KeiVarae Russell plans to return to the Irish in 2015. Ishaq Williams is hoping to do the same. Barring any unforeseen changes, DaVaris Daniels and Kendall Moore will no longer be a part of the Notre Dame program.

Notre Dame LB Kendall Moore says he is done

11 Comments

Notre Dame linebacker Kendall Moore has made his fate public. In an Instagram post Tuesday evening Moore announced he is leaving Notre Dame following the ruling from his hearing having an unfortunate outcome.

Moore already has a degree from Notre Dame and was hoping to play with one final year of eligibility this season. That will no longer be the case, and Moore will now move on from football it would seem.

Moore is the third player among Notre Dame’s so-called Frozen Five to confirm his fate. Defensive end Ishaq Williams and defensive back KeiVarae Russell each informed Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly of their hearing outcomes. Russell intends to return to Notre Dame in 2015. Another of the suspended players, wide receiver DaVaris Daniels, is reportedly moving on from Notre Dame as well, although it is unknown if he will look to play football elsewhere. Kelly was unaware of Daniels’ decision earlier on Tuesday.

It is unknown at this time what the story is for the fifth player suspended while the academic investigation was ongoing at Notre Dame. Defensive back Eilar Hardy was the fifth player suspended.

Loading

Notre Dame has rendered its decision. While it is disappointing, I will respectfully leave my alma mater as a proud May 2014 graduate of the institution that I have respectfully loved and given my best efforts during my college career. Regardless of this announced outcome, my personal and ethical integrity remain intact and I have honored my collegiate journey from the beginning straight through to this end and I will take on the next chapters in my life with the same progressive commitment to excellence, hard work and relentless determination toward unlimited success. I was raised to excel on every level and I want to thank my parents for their unwavering support and belief in me; their powerful words of love, encouragement and faith helped to sustain me through this process. I thank my family, friends and fans for the support. I want to thank Notre Dame for the opportunity and I wish my teammates and this program all of the success in the world.

View on Instagram

 

Notre Dame’s KeiVarae Russell out for 2014, plans to return in 2015

1 Comment

Notre Dame defensive back KeiVarae Russell has received his notification from the Notre Dame honor committee regarding his status for the 2014 season. Russell will not play this season but does intend to return to the Irish in 2015, according to a report from Inside the Irish.

Notre Dame has yet to announce any official rulings to the public, but players were given permission to reveal their individual rulings if they wanted to do so. Russell, who previously took to social media to voice his displeasure with the length of the investigation process, was informed of his ruling on Thursday and he addressed the team.

Wide receiver DaVaris Daniels, linebacker Kendall Moore, defensive backs Eilar Hardy and Russell and defensive end Ishaq Williams have all been sitting out the season as the university conducts an investigation and hearings for each player. The school is not expected announce a decision until each player has been fully reviewed. Head coach Brian Kelly said on Thursday none of the five players had practiced on Thursday, which meant they were all out of the mix for Notre Dame’s home game against North Carolina on Saturday.

Notre Dame still without five suspended players

6 Comments

As Notre Dame prepares to host North Carolina on Saturday afternoon in Notre Dame Stadium, head coach Brian Kelly still has no update on the status of five suspended players being investigated for academic dishonesty. Wide receiver DaVaris Daniels, linebacker Kendall Moore, defensive backs Eilar Hardy and KeiVarae Russell and defensive end Ishaq Williams have all been sitting out the season as the university conducts an investigation and hearings for each player. The school is not expected announce a decision until each player has been fully reviewed, although it will allow the players to reveal their individual fates if they wish.

Kelly does know one thing though. None of the five players practiced Thursday, and that means none will see the field on Saturday afternoon.

“Here’s what I know: None of our five guys practiced, so they will obviously not be able to play this weekend,” Kelly said, according to Inside the Irish. “I do not have any specific information to share with you. If I did, I would probably let them share it with you.”

Kelly has had to take on the role of spokesperson for this investigation with the media, but he can only reveal so much information. There have been rumors and speculation the suspended players will be suspended for the entire season, but there has been no confirmation of that decision as of yet from Notre Dame or Kelly. Russell has voiced his displeasure with the process and the time it is taking to play out.

Suspended Notre Dame CB KeiVarae Russell: This school is becoming ridiculous

20 Comments

The hearings for a handful of Notre Dame players continues this week, and the waiting game is starting to get to at least one of the suspended Irish players. Or so it seems. Cornerback KeiVarae Russell shared some thoughts on Instagram on Wednesday confirming he has gone through his hearing regarding academic dishonesty. He said the hearing went well, but he does not seem pleased with having to wait to find out the ruling from the committee conducting the investigation and hearings.

As reported by College Football Talk contributor JJ Stankevitz for CSN Chicago, Russell said the following on Instagram

“Noooo, still not back. It sucks. Hearing went well in my opinion thought. Was able to express my case from my POV and bring to light alot of what was false “evidence.” But they are making me wait till every hearing is done to make a decision… it sucks.”

In a separate comment, Russell said Notre Dame is “becoming ridiculous.” Again via CSN Chicago;

“This school is becoming ridiculous. I killed my meeting; I was so prepared and ready and was able to refute damn near every suspicion they had. Described details of assignments thoroughly so they couldn’t say I didn’t do it, AND THEY STILL SAID MY DECISION WONT COME UNTIL ALL 5 OF US (and some other minor hearings) ARE DONE. Decision MIGHT come next week, not even 100% it’s tough to understand these people..”

There is also this…

Notre Dame is conducting hearings for wide receiver DaVaris Daniels, defensive back Eilar Hardy, defensive end Ishaq Williams and linebacker Kendall Moore in addition to Russell. As far as we know, none of these players have taken to Twitter or Instagram or Snapchat or whatever social networking service the kids are using these days to voice their opinions.