Janoris Jenkins headed to North Alabama?

Amidst reports that he’s pursuing an agent as part of the process of entering the NFL’s supplemental draft — if there is one — or that he may become the first player to directly attack the legality of the NFL draft, Janoris Jenkins instead appears headed to another year of college football.

According to Shane Hallam of draftcountdown.com, the former Florida cornerback is transferring to Div. II North Alabama.  Based on the tweet from Hallam, it appears all Jenkins is awaiting is approval from the NCAA before officially joining the Terry Bowden-coached squad.

Jenkins, named first-team All-SEC last season as a junior, was dismissed from the Gators football program late last month following his third arrest in less than two years.  It was also his second marijuana-related arrest in three months, which forced first-year head coach Will Muschamp‘s hand.

So, if this report is correct — we’ve yet to see confirmation anywhere else and the school would neither confirm nor deny the report to CFT — Jenkins would be eschewing the opportunity to be a part of a supplemental draft that may or may not happen in order to spend a year at a lower level rehabilitating his image and making himself available for next April’s NFL daft.  A draft, of course, that may or may not happen.