We’re three days removed from Louisiana-Monroe’s upset-for-the-ages win over Arkansas, and the reverberations are still being felt across the collegiate landscape.
– The Razorbacks dropped completely out of the Associated Press‘ poll following the loss, while the coaches dropped the Hogs 10 spots to No. 21.
– Starting quarterback Tyler Wilson is questionable for this weekend’s game against No. 1 Alabama with a head injury incurred in the loss. Starting cornerback Tevin Mitchell is doubtful with an “above-the-shoulder” injury suffered the same game.
– The horror that is this was wrought on the American public.
– Quarterback Kolton Browning, who accounted for 481 yards of total offense and four touchdowns in the overtime win, has received a slew of honors for his performance, including Player of the Week honors from the Walter Camp Foundation, Danny O’ Brien Award and Sun Belt Conference.
– The ULM Warhawks were named the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl National Team of the Week.
Now? ULM is taking the knife and slowly digging it in a little deeper:
“WE WANTED IT MORE…”
[/dagger plunging deeper]
The above photo is of a shirt that went on sale today at the school’s bookstore and through the ULM Alumni Center commemorating the 34-31 win over Arkansas. While some may scoff at selling a shirt that commemorates a regular season win, especially one the second weekend of the season, it was a monumental moment for the university — the win represented the first time since the football program jumped to the FBS level it had beaten a ranked team, and its first win over an SEC school since defeating Alabama 21-14 in Tuscaloosa in 2007, Nick Saban’s first season with the Tide.
Speaking of the SEC, ULM will travel to Jordan-Hare Stadium this weekend to take on Auburn.
(Many thanks to ULM for the gif of the t-shirt)