Exactly 46 days after taking over at Florida, Dan Mullen has officially completed his first Gators coaching staff.
The football program announced Thursday morning that Mullen has hired Ron English as his safeties coach. English, whose tenure as head coach at Eastern Michigan ended in controversy in Nov. of 2013, spent the 2017 season in the same role for Mullen at Mississippi State.
English was the defensive coordinator at San Jose State in 2016, his first coaching job in nearly three years following the controversial departure from EMU. Prior to his five-year stint at EMU, English was the defensive coordinator at Louisville (2008) and Michigan (2006-07).
With English onboard, Mullen has finalized the titles for all 10 of his UF assistants:
- Todd Grantham — Defensive Coordinator
- Billy Gonzales — Co-Offensive Coordinator, Wide Receivers
- John Hevesy — Co-Offensive Coordinator, Offensive Line
- Brian Johnson — Quarterbacks
- Greg Knox — Running Backs, Special Teams Coordinator
- Ja’Juan Seider — Tight Ends
- Sal Sunseri — Defensive Line
- Christian Robinson — Linebackers
- Charlton Warren — Cornerbacks
- Ron English — Safeties